Mon, 10/1 thru Fri, 10/5
Bike, Walk & Roll (BWR) to School Week
National BWR Day – Wed, 10/3
International Walk to School Day is a global event that involves communities from more than 40 countries walking and biking to school on the same day. The national BWR to school day is Wednesday, 10/3, but we are encouraging students to BWR to school all week. We will be handing out goodies in the morning at the front of the bike racks each day.
Here are the details for the week:
- Top 2 participating classes will receive a pizza party (date TBD)
- 2 new bikes (available for trade in credit at El Camino Bike Shop–see pictures of bikes below) will be raffled based on participation throughout the week
- Students will receive a BWR to school card on Friday 9/28 to register for the week
- Each day they bike, walk or roll and bring the card to school they will receive a stamp in front of the bike racks
- Participation cards will be turned in to teachers on Friday, 10/5 for tally
Have fun and ride safely – always wear a helmet and yield to pedestrians.