Welcome New M.E. Families!
Mission Estancia is dedicated to helping all new families experience a warm Wildcat welcome to the M.E. community! The M.E. New Families Committee focuses on helping new Wildcats make a smooth transition and get integrated into the M.E. school system. Our Buddy Program pairs every new family with a volunteer M.E. family to help answer questions and include them in the M.E. community. We hope that every new family will experience a stress-free transition, and that they quickly feel right at home at M.E.!
Here are some additional ways a new family can become more familiar with Mission Estancia:
- Create an account on Membership Toolkit. Creating an account on this site will allow you to have access to the M.E. calendar, shop M.E. spirit wear, donate, sign up for volunteer opportunities, and communicate with your teacher and class room parent.
- Visit the Mission Estancia PTA website to become informed about the PTA/EEF organizations and access other parent resources.
- Read the Wildcat Weekly (emailed every Sunday) to stay up to date on all M.E. events and happenings.
- Visit the calendar section of the PTA website and print out the PTA Save the Date Calendar and the District Calendar for a complete list of important school dates and PTA events for the school year.
- Visit the News & Updates and Special Events pages.
- If you are transferring mid-year, ensure your room parent(s) have your contact information in order to stay connected with classroom events and communications.
- Volunteer! Getting involved at M.E. is a great way to get connected and make new friends. View available volunteer opportunities.
- If you are a Facebook user, there are three sites you can follow: Mission Estancia Elementary PTA/EEF, Encinitas Union School District, and Encinitas Educational Foundation (EEF).
- Contact your buddy family with any questions or concerns.