Welcome New Families!
We know it can be difficult to move to a new school and want to help make the transition for you and your children as smooth as possible. Here is a checklist with some information to help get you started with getting connected to our school:
- Visit the Mission Estancia PTA website on a regular basis to stay up to date on news that will keep you informed throughout the year on all things ME.
- Be sure to verify your MySchoolAnywhere account, as this is the school’s main portal for donations, volunteering, and other school communications.
- Visit the calendar section of the PTA website and print out the PTA save the date calendar for a list of PTA events for the entire school year. The district calendar is also available for viewing and printing.
- Contact your buddy family with any questions. We have a Buddy program for new families during their transition. A “buddy” parent should be contacting you soon to answer questions you may have and help you navigate through the school.
- If you are transferring mid-year, contact your room parents to make sure you are on the class Shutterfly site and class group email list to stay connected with classroom parties/events. Each classroom has one or more room parents. Your teacher can get you in touch with the room parent.
- If you are a Facebook user, there are four sites you can LIKE including Mission Estancia Elementary PTA/EEF, Encinitas Union School District, and Encinitas Educational Foundation – EEF.
Please feel free to contact Wendy Frame (email@example.com), head of the New Family Welcome Committee, with any questions you may have.