Reasons to Become a Member of the PTA/EEF
The ME PTA/EEF is a recognized group of parents and teachers that work together for the benefit of their school. You can join the ME PTA/EEF by clicking here. Here are some of the reasons to become a member:
- It’s good for your child. Research shows that children whose parents are involved in their school make better grades and have fewer disciplinary problems. When parents are plugged in at school, children do better.
- It’s important to the school. Schools are becoming more and more dependent on parent groups. Parent groups are responsible for the majority of fundraising efforts for the school. The PTA/EEF provides support to teachers and administrators, and creates a supportive and caring atmosphere in school.
- You’ll get connected. There’s no better way to know what’s going on in school than by being a part of the school’s parent teacher group (PTA/EEF). You’ll be first to hear about important decisions and changes the school is thinking about making, and you’ll get to know teachers and staff better.
- You’ll be part of a network. Every PTA/EEF function is an opportunity to meet other parents in the same situation as you. You will be connected with a group of parents who share a common goal of improving the school for their children.
- You’ll make a difference. By joining the PTA/EEF, you’ll be able to use your skills to help a noble cause. The PTA/EEF works to establish a supportive and encouraging community of the entire school. The goal is to create the most educational environment possible for our children.
- It’s fun! You’ll be connected with other parents who are concerned with creating the best environment for their children. You can help plan fun events, socials, and get togethers that the whole family can participate in.
- You’ll be a role model. You’ll show your children that, not only are they important to you, but their education is as well. They’ll see you taking a stand to make education better for them and their peers, and chances are they’ll do the same.
- You’ll help raise necessary funds. The PTA/EEF fundraises to provide more educational services for children. Fundraisers remain important to improving the overall quality of the school and we can’t do them without your help.
- It’s flexible. The PTA/EEF continues to adapt to meet the changing needs of parents. There are a variety of small ways parents can help and be involved. Project responsibilities are flexible and can be adapted to meet the time constraints of volunteers.
- It’s for EVERY parent. Your voice and opinion matters! It makes a difference when you speak up. Your ideas can help improve the quality of education for your children and their peers. You’ll see the smiles on their faces and know that you’ve played a part in making school a little more comfortable and fun.
In summary, the more time your devote to your child’s education, the better off they’ll be. You don’t have to make the PTA a full time job to make a difference. However, volunteering occasionally and attending school events really matters. Showing your children you value their education and their school community will teach them to value both as well.