The School Site Council of Mission Estancia Elementary School shall be named and hereinafter referred to as “Mission Estancia SSC”.
Mission Estancia SSC shall carry out the following duties:
- Obtain recommendations for, and review of, the proposed Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) from all school advisory committees.
- Develop and approve the SPSA and related expenditures in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
- Recommend the SPSA and expenditures to the governing board for approval.
- Provide ongoing review of the implementation of the SPSA with the principal, teachers and other school staff members.
- Make modifications to the SPSA for governing board approval whenever a material change (as defined in district governing board policy) is made in planned activities or related expenditures.
- Annually evaluate the progress made toward school goals to raise the academic achievement and social emotional development of all students.
- Carry out all other duties assigned to the school site council by the district governing board and by state law.
Mission Estancia SSC shall be composed of at least ten (10) members (elementary) as follows:
- The principal of the school or her or his designee.
- Three classroom teachers (representative from each K-1, 2-4, 5-6), selected by classroom teachers employed at the school.
- One school employee at the school who is not a teacher, selected by school personnel at the school who are not teachers.
- Five parents of students attending the school or other members of the school community that reside in the EUSD Boundaries, selected by parents of students attending the school.
Mission Estancia SSC have an obligation to make recommendations that will best serve their school’s students and the whole school community.
Read the School Site Council Bylaws for more information.
Mission Estancia School Site Council Members for 2019–20
(K – 1): Janee Walker (yr 2)
(2 – 4): Janet Baum (yr 1)
(5 – 6): Kirsten Loy (yr 2)
Susan Kauffman (yr 1)
(Shay) Sheetal Chawla (yr 2)
Rachel Griffin (yr 2)
Tamara Piland (yr 2)
Kimberly Schneider (yr 1)
Bick Le Sellers (yr 1)